Monday, May 13, 2013

Classic

Last night, my sister and I took my mom to see The Great Gatsby, and the whole movie I was thinking, Why haven't I read this book? In fact, why haven't I read any of the classics?

If you don't believe me, it's true. I swear. The school I went to might have required us to read a few, but that's where Sparknotes came in. While I always loved reading, I hated reading when people told me to read. Rebellious nature, I guess? Either way, I've been moseying through life without having read such things as The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, Wuthering Heights, and I'm starting to think that maybe I'm missing out on something.

The movie, if you were wondering, was great. Leo did an amazing job, as usual, and it was clear that it was from the producers of Moulin Rouge, with the same dramatic elements and modern music turned 1920's. I definitely recommend seeing it, but maybe spare the men in your life and take a few girlfriends. I'd classify it as a chick-flick, for sure.

Now for this week's reads!

I'm still reading Rebel Heart by Moira Young as my hardcopy. I'm not sure what's taking me so long, except that it's a bit harder to lug around a big book and therefore I don't bring it with me as often.



For this week's eBook/Kindle read, I've got Running On Empty by L.B. Simmons. It was a free pickup and has a lot of good reviews, so I'm excited about it!

 
 
Toxic is receiving more and more attention everyday and the positive support has been amazing. If anyone has any questions about Toxic, feel free to contact me. Also, if you haven't already done so, sign up to win a paperback copy of Toxic at the bottom of this page.
 
 
Any specific classic that you would recommend to kick off my old school challenge? We all know that a strong start is the best start!

No comments:

Post a Comment