Monday, May 6, 2013

Ya Better Recognize

I have to say, I'm kind of proud of myself. I think I've almost got the hang of this internet thing.
Yeah, yeah, I know I'm late, but I just never realized how much it could do; how much it could offer! But now that I know, I think I might never be the same.

It's funny how things change your perspective. For example, the trip to Nashville really made me open my eyes to the actual song writers, instead of crediting the singers. I think we assume, Oh Kenny Chesney sings this, so he must have wrote it, too. But that's hardly ever the case. Had I not gone to Nashville and had the awesome experience at The Bluebird Café, I might still be living in that ignorance. But now I know, and I can't listen to a song without wondering who wrote it. It's a blessing and a curse, but I wouldn't change a thing.

The same thing goes for buying products, especially from websites like Etsy or Ebay. Those people need reviews and word of mouth hype. They crave it. And it wasn't until I published my book that I realized how true that was. No one will take your work seriously if there's no recommendations to go by.

Slowly but surely, Toxic is gaining recognition. Every time a new rating or review pops up, I do something like this:

 
 
It really is an awesome feeling. And so now every time I read a book, I make sure to leave a review. This time I'm taking it a step farther, because I was really, really, blown away by this book. Just as in Nasvhille, I find myself wondering, why aren't these people famous? Whether this author decided to self-publish for her own reasons, or because a traditional publishing house didn't pick it up, I'm not sure. All I know is that she deserves recognition, and you should check out her YA dystopian novel Tent City.
 


You can read my full review here:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/607909327

Well, that was supposed to be my eBook read for the week, but I finished it already so...

This weeks hardcopy read is:

 
 

Happy Monday everyone! The good news is; there's only one every week! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment